The First Consultative Forum of IRDR National Committees was held on 11-12 November 2014 at Wellcome Trust, London, UK, hosted by UKCDS. For information on the meeting and for access to the presentations given, please visit: IRDR’s consultative meeting of National and Regional Committees concludes in UK.Please review the Terms of Reference governing NCs within the IRDR programme. If you have any questions send us an email at email@example.com.
Responsibilities of IRDR NCs
In support of the IRDR Science Plan and the IRDR Scientific Committee, IRDR National and Regional Committee will undertake the following activities:
● Foster and support participation in IRDR on the part of institutions and individual scientists.
● Serve as the national or regional focal point for IRDR.
● Foster networking and collaboration among domestic, regional and international disaster risk reduction science and technology activities.
● Improve science and technology knowledge and considerations of disaster risk reduction science technology in planning, policies and programmes domestically, regionally and internationally.
● Support efforts to update and report on national and international disaster risk reduction activities aligned with the Hyogo Framework of Action’s strategic priorities, with emphasis on the science and technology activities.
● Provide science and technology advice to policy-makers, taking into consideration national, regional and international disaster risk reduction initiatives.
● Assist in fundraising for IRDR activities and projects.
To this end, NCs are encouraged to include representatives from the following key groups: active scientists from the natural, social, health, and engineering sciences, policy makers, and managers of national disaster risk reduction programmes.
PRIORITY AREAS FOR ACTIONS
Priority Areas for Actions of NCs
The Priority Areas for Actions will indicate how NCs contribute to the implementation of the Global Research Framework. The details will be presented soon.